Saturday, May 3, 2014

Preparing- IEP Workshops

I spent 5 hours today at the Parent to Parent of Miami IDEA and IEP Workshop, arming myself with knowledge and confidence. This was a great start and I will definitely be going back for more. The ladies at P2P are inspiring. 
This process takes fine tuning. 
Liam's transition meeting is next week. 
I know he is "only" in early intervention Pre-K, but i feel the need to be really well informed and involved.
I am his voice, after all.
His first IEP in Ga left a lot to be desired and I would have definitely done some things differently looking back.
Knowledge is power and I know its never too early to get a good solid start.
My goal is to become well versed in this process, i want it to become a fluent language. I want the information to flow from my mind and roll off my tongue. My words powerful with intelligence and my conviction strong.

Shoot by the time its all said and done, when the twins start school its going to be a piece of cake! At least thats my hope. 

Now its time for a beer. Or two. Because my brain just might pop. hahaha

I swear they should offer like, a happy hour after these things, or a one hour massage or both . Just to decompress. Its a ton of information to absorb not to mention the emotional involvement on top of trying to pack your brain full of info.

Ok, I'm off. 

No comments: