Thursday, May 8, 2014

IEP

It went wonderfully, they gave me everything i asked for (for Liam) and then some! 
In fact, most of the stuff i had planned to request was presented to me as a recommendation before i even had to ask for it. 
This is in total contrast to our last experience where i felt like i had to fight for everything only to receive half. 
His team is fantastic and i cant wait to see what the coming school year will bring. He is going to go for the remainder of the year, which will be a good adjustment period. He also qualified for an extended school year which is GREAT. I am beyond pleased.
One of the ladies praised me for all of the information i presented, and for being thorough, informed and involved. They all began chiming in with thank yous and more praises and i swear i almost cried.
it felt really good to know that all the effort was recognized and that it does serve a purpose.
You know, I went in ready for a battle. This way of "being" is not in my nature. But when it comes to my kids i dont play. I will do whatever i have to to ensure their success. More than their happiness because if they are successful in their life (gauge that however you like) then happiness will follow along with it.
Anyways i am rambling. I am tired. lol
Ready to relax this weekend!
Happy Friday everyone.

No comments: